Monday, October 6, 2008

Dr. Zahi Hawass


On Thursday night, my sweet husband watched all three boys while I went to the Grand Opera House to see Dr. Zahi Hawass give a lecture entitled "the Great Pyramids: Secrets Revealed." I had a seat in the box area nearest the stage was was only a few feet in front of him.
Most people have seen Dr. Hawass on TV if they have watched any program about Egypt. He is Egypt's Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities and Director of Excavations at Giza, Saqqara, and the Bahariya Oasis.
It was entertaining and fascinating. He not only told us a little bit about his past finds but about the things that he hopes to do in the near future. He did a book signing afterwards and was kind enough to sign two books for me. I got one done for myself and one for my 6-year old Egypt fanatic.

No comments: